Ad
Dec 102014
 
Please Share

By Matthew Burke — December 9, 2014

With a government shutdown looming, House Republicans, led by Speaker John Boehner, have compromised with Democrats in agreeing on a $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill, a behemoth temporary stopgap that encompasses over 1,600 pages.

Boehner.Pelosi.000

Boehner is hoping for a full House vote on the measure by Thursday, which breaks his pledge to give Americans “at least 72 hours” to read every bill, a promise he made on Feb. 18, 2010.

“One of my first orders of business would be to post every bill online for at least 72 hours before it comes to the floor of the House for a vote,”  Boehner then promised.

Considering its massive size, it is extremely doubtful that any congressman will read the entire bill in only two days. Perhaps, Mr. Boehner is saying to the American voter, as Nancy Pelosi did in 2009, “We have to pass the bill to see what’s in the bill.”

The bill, agreed upon by both party’s leaderships, would fund the entire government through the current fiscal year, which ends on September 30, with the exception of the Department of Homeland Security, which will run out of money again on February 27, 2015.

Two-faced Boehner sobbing while he betrays the American people who put his party in power

Two-faced Boehner sobbing while he betrays the American people who put his party in power

“I think the fix is in,” Congressman Matt Salmon (R-AZ) told The Hill  in regards to the establishment of both parties joining together against the will of the American citizen in ramming through the spending bill.

Rep. Salmon said that he wanted Republican leaders to bring the bill to the floor earlier with stronger anti-amnesty language, rather than waiting just days before a shutdown would occur on December 12.

“I’ve implored them [GOP leadership]. I’ve begged them. I’ve spoken in various meetings so that we wouldn’t be up against some crisis…This is not the way it’s supposed to be done,” Salmon said.

“They don’t want you to read it, that’s why! You think they want you to analyze all the mischievous items in there?” Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) told The Hill.

“That’s not to squeeze Harry Reid.” Congressman Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) added. “That’s to squeeze us [conservatives],” he concluded.

A partial government shutdown would have occurred on December 11, without the gargantuan bill.

Despite demagoguery from the leftstream media, the Democrat Party, and so-called “moderate” Republicans previous government shutdown only shut down 17% of the government, with the other 83% operating as normal.

 

Additional insight into the “stupid” move by Boehner and his GOP establishment can be gleaned from the following video:

 

Of the 17 prior government shutdowns in American history, Democrats controlled the House during 15 and had control of both chambers during eight of them. All lasted a matter of weeks or even a few days.

Establishment Republican leaders have refused to use the their constitutional power of the purse to stop the Obama dictatorial amnesty, stop massive government deficits, or defund the highly unpopular Obamacare.

 

UPDATE:  At 7:36 AM ET, the Boehner’s website supposedly revealing the details of the bill were about as functional as Obamacare’s during its disastrous rollout. It had crashed and was displaying this error message:

 

 

Screenshot.2014.12.10.at_.5.35.58.AM_

 

via Boehner Caves to King Barry; Reaches Budget Deal That Funds Obamacare, Amnesty.

RATE THIS POST!
[Total: 0    Average: 0/5]